About the Wine Uncensored episode
Annemarie Morse, founder of Wine By Annemarie will be joining John sporing, founder of A Life Well Drunk, for a WineUncensored virtual tasting on February 4, 2021 at 6 PM EST.
In the February 4th tasting we will sip and discuss various wines and chocolates:
The Wines (choose 1-3, or more):
- Banyul, a fortified wine, so once open it lasts. Red, rich, and sweet
- Banfi Rosa Regale, sweet, sparkling, rosé
- Moscato d’Asti, sweet, sparkling white, low alcohol
- Port, ruby, or tawny, also fortified
- Madeira, Marsala, Sherry (Olorosso, PX or other sweet style), make sure to get sweet or semi-dry styles, fortified.
- Tokaji (sweet), Vin Santo, Sauternes all sweet and rich/concentrated.
- Late Harvest Riesling or Ice Wine, especially Cabernet Franc or Riesling, all sweet and rich/concentrated
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, or a fruit forward dry red blend from California
The Chocolates (choose 1-3, or more, we do not judge):
These are all good chocolates that can be found across the country:
- Lindt Excellence
- Lindt Lindor truffles
- Green & Black’s
- Moser Roth
- Scharffen Berger
- Alter Eco
- Equal Exchange
- Ferrero Rocher
Try to have at least one of each:
- Milk chocolate
- ~60-70% cocoa
- ~85% cocoa
If you feel like being adventurous, you can try some with nuts, sea salt, fruits (like berries, orange, etc). But it is always good to have a few unflavored as a good baseline. We are not listing any particular label or vintages for this tasting, so raid your cellar or support your local wine shop.
Note, A Life Well Drunk does not receive payment for these virtual tastings, but we do receive sample wines. We continue to do these tastings to help our winery partners during these challenging times.
REGISTER FOR THE FREE EPISODE:
I look forward to seeing everyone again soon in person, until then I hope to see you at the tastings, even if you do not have the wines!
Meet the Maker
Annemarie Morse has a master’s degree in Oenology from Cornell University and has worked as an assistant winemaker. She is the Finger Lakes correspondent for the Cork Report, as well as a wine and food writer for other publications.
Through her company, Wine By Annemarie, LLC, she provides consulting services to restaurants, national and international wine tours, seminars and/or classes for colleagues, national conferences, private events and the community. She is a member of the State University of New York Broome Culinary and Event Center Professional Development Council and teaches wine and beverage classes for multiple Colleges and Universities.
Her love of food and wine has led to exploring different wine regions of the world to gain a better appreciation of how the people, places, wine, food, and culture come together to enhance the experience of each.